On , PS 29 is hosting its fifth annual Eat Pie and Shop holiday event. It's a pie social, celebrity-judged pie contest, artisan gift fair, professional portrait studio and children's activity (face painting, kids' choice pie contest, batiking) wrapped into one awesome family event.
Eat Pie & Shop @ PS29
425 Henry Street, between Baltic and Kane
- Pie Social: Taste delicious homemade and premium pies for $5 a slice or 5 for $20. Both sweet and salty options, so come for lunch and desert. Plus frozen custard from Shake Shack.
- Celebrity-judged pie contest: At , Gail Simmons, judge of “Top Chef,” Melissa Clark, food columnist for the New York Times and other kitchen pros will name the best pie of the pie contest. Come toast the winner and taste the winning pie.
- Artisan Holiday Gift Fair: Take care of your holiday shopping while the kids do crafts. More than 30 vendors from Brooklyn flea markets will be displaying and selling their handmade goods, including jewelry, clothing and beautiful paper products as well as books and classic toys from fork + pencil.
- Children's Crafts and Activities: Face painting, glitter tattoos, batiking and a Kids Choice pie contest of kid baked pies. Your kids will have a blast!
- Professional Portrait Studio: You can get a beautiful portrait of your child/children taken during the event. $30 for one high-resolution image which you can print, email, gift to grandparents, etc.
- Toys for Tots: U.S. Marines will be on hand to pick up all donations of holiday gifts.