|One of several spots from the AA BID's "Park(ing) Day" celebration|
On the heels of that celebration, the Atlantic Avenue Business District has provided us with some updates of their many recent activities, including new banners which were unveiled during the Antic itself.
1) New banners designed by artist Josh Gosfield have been installed... and featured in the New York Daily News. http://nydn.us/1rqJMhW .
2) 2nd Halloween Pub Crawl was announced via a 'Thriller' group dance at the Antic. (See some amateur video of it here http://youtu.be/fmTZchEF6OQ) To purchase wristbands for the event visit http://
atlanticavebid.ticketleap.com/ hauntlantic/ (of course only after first coming to the family friendly Halloween Parade at Cobble Hill Park that day)
3) Multiple businesses partnered with the Atlantic Avenue BID and Transportation Alternatives to temporarily redesign parking spaces on the Avenue into new uses. Check out pics from the event here. http://www.atlanticavebid.org/atlantic-avenues-first-parking-day-a-great-success/
4) Long-awaited tree guards have finally been installed between 3rd and 4th Avenue. Based on the board's decision to invest in the streetscape, they were ordered in the Spring and installed in the past week. Here is a picture: http://instagram.com/
5) A new shopping guide will be distributed to stores on the avenue in the coming week. Be sure to check out local merchants and grab a copy!